1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides, 4-5 minutes per side, until browned. You can also grill the chicken on a barbecue grill. Remove the chicken to a plate.
3. To the same pan, add the shallots and sauté on low heat until soft, about 4 minutes. (If you grilled the chicken on a barbecue, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and sauté the shallots in it and continue). Add in the jelly and balsamic vinegar. Cook until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and coat both sides with the glaze. Remove from heat.
4. Prepare the salsa. Place the chopped strawberries into a small bowl. Toss with the red onion, balsamic, pepper, mint, and lime juice. Allow flavors to mix for 10 minutes.
5. Serve chicken with the salsa warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 4 servings